Free import by persons of 18 years and older:
1. 400 cigarettes or 200 cigarillos or 100 cigars or 500
grammes of tobacco products, provided only one type of
tobacco products is imported (otherwise only half of the
2. only for persons of 21 years and older: alcoholic beverages: 2 litres;
3. a reasonable quantity of perfume for personal use;
4. goods up to an amount of RUB 65,000.- for personal use only;
5. caviar (factory packed) max. 250 grammes per person.
- Photographs and printed matter directed against Russian Fed.. Acipenseridae family (sturgeons) fish and any product made thereof and live animals (subject to special permit). Military arms and ammunition, narcotics, fruit and vegetables. Dairy and meat products from Armenia and Georgia.
Arms and Ammunition regulations:
Prohibited of import and export are (military) arms and ammunition.
Additional Information on regulations:
The customs declaration, which will be filled out on entry of Russian Fed. must be kept carefully. When leaving Russian Fed. this declaration has to be handed over, even when travelling to another C.I.S. country.
The customs declaration, which will be filled out on entry of the Russian Fed. must be kept carefully. When leaving the Russian Fed. this declaration has to be handed over, even when travelling to another C.I.S. country.
Dairy and meat products are permitted (except from Armenia and Georgia), provided packed in original factory packing and in quantities that can be considered for own personal use. Larger quantities will be subject to inspection and traveller will be requested to provide the appropriate documentation, including veterinary health documents.
1. Exported goods for personal use are not subjects for customs fees or taxes.
2. Archeological, historical and artistic objects are allowed with obligatory written permission of Ministry of Cultural Affairs and with a photograph of the exported object.
3. For all kind of weapon besides declaration a special permit from Internal Affairs Ministry is needed.
-Arms, ammunition, precious metals, (gold, silver, etc.) and articles (see note below) made thereof (also if containing precious stones and/or real pearls).
-Acipenseridae family (sturgeons) fish and any product made thereof (subject to special permit). -Antiquities (i.e. any article older than 50 years) and art objects (subject to duty and special permit from the Ministry of Culture), furs.
Note:Except if such articles belong to the imported personal effects of the passenger (e.g. personal jewellery) and have been declared upon arrival.
Cats, dogs and birds must be accompanied by:
1. veterinarian health certificate (nationals of C.I.S. countries may present a veterinary license instead) bearing seal of local Board of Health and issued no more than ten days prior to arrival (or international Veterinary Passport). Pigeons must be accompanied by a certificate which proves they are free from bird flu;
2. international veterinary passport. For all animals, except cats & dogs, special import permission from Veterinary dept. Ministry of Agriculture is required.
Generally pets are not permitted in hotels.
Baggage Clearance regulations:
Baggage of transit passengers with an onward destination outside the Russian Fed., including all C.I.S. countries, must be through checked to its final destination irrespective of terminal of arrival/departure.
Baggage of transit passengers with an onward destination inside the Russian Fed. must be cleared at the first airport of entry in the Russian Fed.
For travellers entering the Russian Fed., a limit of baggage allowance of 35 kg. and/or a value of RUB 65,000.- exists. If exceeding the limit, a customs fee of EUR 4.- per kilo will apply or a 30% axis on top of the excess value to be collected.
Exempt: nationals of the Russian Fed. whose stay abroad exceeds 6 months.
Airport Embarkation Tax
No airport tax is levied on passengers upon embarkation at the airport.
Currency Import regulations:
Local currency: (Russian Rouble - RUB): no restrictions; foreign currencies: no restrictions.
Written import declaration may be needed on export.
Currency Export regulations:
Local currency (Russian Rouble - RUB) and foreign currencies: allowed up to 10.000,- without acknowledgement letter. If total amount exceed 3.000 than written declaration required. If total amount exceed 10.000 then the passenger is obligated to have written import declaration or other documentations confirming import or transferring foreign currencies to Russia on the amount that exceed 10.000.
Traveler's cheques are allowed within limits of previously imported if complied documentation is presented, without written declaration. Traveler's cheques, purchased in Russia, require written declaration (red channel).